Comcast completes deal for NBC Universal
The largest cable company in the country is now the proud owner of an entertainment giant, NBC Universal. Comcast announced today that its deal to buy 51 per cent of NBC Universal is done. General Electric hangs onto the other 49 percent.
Comcast began celebrating before the deal officially closed yesterday. Last Thursday, Comcast sent out a memo and gifts to NBC Universal employees. First, the name change to NBCUniversal. Then the gifts, 25 shares of Comcast and free passes to Universal theme parks. The Wrap has more on this mega-deal, it’s impact on the industry and consumers.
Charlie Sheen in rehab, TV show on hiatus
To no one’s surprise, troubled actor, Charlie Sheen, is in rehab this weekend. The “Two and a Half Men” star reportedly entered rehab yesterday after being rushed to the hospital with what was described as abdominal pain. People has more on the latest in the up-and-down Charlie Sheen saga.
William & Kate’s wedding to be televised big time
The wedding of Britain’s Prince William to his lady-love Kate Middleton is expected to draw more than two billion TV viewers worldwide. Back in 1981, around 750 million tuned in to watch Prince Charles marry Lady Diana Spencer. Yes, we love these British affairs!!
William and Kate are set to exchange vows on April 29. Most likely the BBC will lead the TV coverage. There is talk of filming the event in 3D. More about what is definitely the wedding of the year — maybe even the decade— here on Deadline.com